Friday's Favorite


For this week's Friday Favorite, I've chosen the chandelier that hangs in my dining room. When we moved in our house almost two years ago, there were only a few things that really needed to be updated. One of those things, was the dining room chandelier. The old chandelier was a brass one with small black shades. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good. Too bad I don't have a pic to share. Anyway, I knew it was something I'd like to replace. But, as I mentioned before, I really try to love the pieces I purchase. I looked for awhile, but nothing really struck me. One day, my mom (see additional note below) and I were shopping in downtown Homewood, AL-which, by the way, has the cutest downtown shopping area-and we came across this chandelier. It was love at first sight. I didn't buy it that day. I thought about it for a few days and then had my sweet hubby go back and take a look. It passed inspection and we took her home. I love that it looks old, even though it's really not. I think it fits perfectly in our home and it is one of my favorite things.

Note: My mom is usually my partner in crime, I mean shopping, and she's always up for an adventure. She is the greatest! She's the only person who actually has the patience to go shopping with me. Let's just say that when I'm in a store I like to be thorough. After all, it would be a shame to miss something.

No comments: